Coronavirus Outbreak: Everything You Need To Know

Coronavirus to leave a deep impact on the world.
Countries around the world have quicken up their efforts to tackle the new coronavirus....

The beginning of 2020 wasn’t as peaceful as it was expected. One-fourth of the earth was under bushfire killed tonnes of mammals. Although the sudden shift in climate breaking all records either it’s the winter in the northern hemisphere or the summer in the southern hemisphere.

ReadAustralian Bushfire 2019.

In December 2019, public health experts in china tracked a new virus that first appeared in Wuhan, China. The World Health Organisation [WHO] named the disease COVID-19 as caused by the coronavirus family.

As of 20th March 2020, coronavirus has infected more than 2,55,729 people where more than 10,495 people have died already.

Get live tracker by Microsoft

Is it really that dangerous? Do you really need to be afraid of it? or is it just a media hype of making a mountain out of a molehill and creating an atmosphere of fear?

Let us explore the length and depth of this virus.


The first thing that you need to understand is that coronavirus is not the name of an individual virus, rather it’s the name of a virus family. Moreover, the routine common cold and cough that you get is also a type of coronavirus.

Coronavirus is more common in animals of all kinds. Although some of them can also evolve into forms that can affect humans. And then later through human to human transmission, this coronavirus spread amongst humans. Since the start of the century. We already suffered from two similar virus outbreaks like in 2002 the case of SARs, where the original source was a bat. MERS is another similar coronavirus that spread in the Middle East during 2012-13 its original source is a camel. 

However, the origin of the new coronavirus is yet to be confirmed. But most investigators think it originated from the seafood market in Wuhan. While some specialists believed that it might be bats again given they have 96% similarities in the new coronavirus as compared to the one that came from bats.

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
cough and sneezing one of the symptoms of infection.

The traits of all these coronaviruses are very similar to each other just like regular cold and seasonal flu, it can be recognized by running nose, sore throat, cough, and fever. Illness is often severe for a few people and may cause pneumonia or breathing difficulties. However, the laboratory test is a must to recognize it. The incubation period of the novel corona-virus is between 2-11 days. Hence, if you are infected, it might take 11-12 days for the symptoms to show up.

More rarely, older people and people with other medical conditions[ such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease], may be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill.

the world is in lockdown.


I have taken information on both, how severe this illness is? and how fast it can spread, to determine how “worse” it can be?
Let us just make an approx calculation.

The total member of infected people until now is 2,55,729 out of these, around 10,495 people have died and 89,918 people have recovered after becoming infected. So looking at the total number of infected people to the total number of deaths as a proportion to it. Then this comes out to be approx. 3.4% as estimated globally by WHO.
The ratio is called a mortality rate which simply identifies the chances of dying if you got infected with it. Thus, looking at a brighter side, chances of survival are 96.6%.

Note: Facts on Virus.

The more contagious a virus will be, the less will be the mortality rate. And the viruses which have a high mortality rate are less contagious. hence, the mortality rate and contagiousness of a virus are indirectly proportionate to each other.

For example 

According to the latest data mortality rate of SARS is 10% i.e. if you are infected with SARS chances of your survival are 90% while in the case of EBOLA virus this mortality rate is 70% i.e. there is only 30% chance of survive if you get infected with ebola.
Wash your hands.

Some of the preventions as suggested by WHO.
  1.  Wash your hands frequently.
  2.  Maintain social distancing [at least 3 feet].
  3.  Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
  4.  Practice respiratory hygiene.
  5.  If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty seek medical care early.
  6.  Keep in touch with your healthcare provider.
  7.  Avoid public places.
  8.  Mask can prevent infection to some extent.
  9.  Cough into your Elbow.
To study in-depth must read:-
source: WHO.
Source: WHO.
Source: WHO


From sporting events to a major meeting, from schools and universities to examination, the cancellations that have accompanied the spread of COVID-19 seem likely to create a big disturbance in the economy or at the minimum important part of it.

One of the mega sporting events of India i.e. IPL has been postponed. Corona outbreak somewhere pulled a pause on the hustle of the world. If there will be no events, there will be no need for management of it and transportation to it. One place where the virus impacted the most is air travel. Most airlines in the world will be bankrupt by May-end due to coronavirus pandemic, as speculated by global aviation consultancy firm CAPA- Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation.

Then there are hotels where people stay, less commute means fewer people needed to work in a hotel or at the front desk. Fewer work launches and fewer cups of coffee being purchased. Hence, this critical situation will impact all the macro-micro business to its very root.

This will bring huge drops in revenues of the economy as a whole. The COVID-19 story is first and foremost about the health and well-being of every individual, but its impact seems likely to extend into other areas long after the virus is eventually tamed.  

Also read:

Tips what to do in Quarantine :


  1. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. coronavirus cleaning services

    1. I'm so pleased to hear that. Stay safe and enjoy reading.